Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2 month recap

Somehow in between chasing a toddler, feeding an infant, changing massive amounts of diapers, cooking and cleaning, I've let 2 months lapse on here. So while both kids are sleeping for the moment, here's an update on how things are going:


First trip to the ER:
In the middle of January, we took Brooklyn to the ER because she threw up every time I tried to feed her for nearly 12 hours. After lots of tests, we found out she had a urinary tract infection/kidney infection. Ugh! She was admitted to the hospital for 3 days so she could be closely monitored and given a few rounds of IV antibiotics. It was so hard to have our 5-week old baby in the hospital hooked up to and IV, but we were so thankful that she was well taken care of. The infection cleared up, and she is now a perfectly healthy 10-week old.




Cloth diapering:
When we had Jack, we lived in an apartment which shared a coin-operated laundry room with everyone in our building. Needless to say, using cloth diapers was totally out of the question. We decided to give cloth diapers a try when we had Brooklyn, now that we have our own house. We use Gro-baby diapers and love them! We still use disposables at night as they absorb more and she is able to sleep better. We only have enough for 1-2 days of diapering, so I usually wash a load of diapers at night. They're not really that much more difficult to use, and I love saving the money!


I ♥ sleep:
Brooklyn's day/night confusion ended when she was around 6 weeks old, and I could NOT be more thankful!! Lately she's been sleeping 6-8 hours at a stretch, getting up for 15 minutes to eat, then going back to sleep for a few more hours. There is very little that I appreciate more than a decent night's sleep. I am a MUCH nicer person, and my outlook on life is so much more positive. I didn't really realize just how exhausted I was until I started slowly catching up on sleep. Those first 6 weeks are a blur!


My little girl is growing up!:
Brooklyn started smiling around 1 month and doles them out pretty easily these days. She is just the sweetest little thing, and her smiles make every sleepless night worth it! She loves watching her big brother run around, and I know that I'll blink and she'll be running around with him. She rolls over easily from front to back and is getting so big! She's in the 95th percentile for height and weight (no surprise there...we grow 'em big!)





Post-pregnancy bod:
If you're into wrinkly, saggy, muffin-top abs, then I am SO attractive! My belly button has moved at LEAST an inch to the right, and my abs have a large separation between them which could cause a hernia at any time. HOT. When I asked my midwife about the belly button shiftage, she said, "Hmm...I've never seen this before!" I really am a freak. I still have about 15-20 pounds to go before I reach my pre-pregnancy weight, but given that I gained 65 pounds with Brooklyn, I'm choosing to see this glass as half-full. And you know what? If my belly button disappeared altogether and I never lost the baby weight, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. My kids are so precious, and I wouldn't trade them for the world!

Although I am curious as to how many pregnancies it would take before my belly button ended up on my back....

1 comment:

  1. The post pregnancy part is hilarious! You're doing awesome in class, I would have never guessed you gained 65lbs!!

    Thankful that the Lord protected your sweet baby girl! She sure is precious!

    ReplyDelete