Thursday, December 15, 2011

Honk If You're Crazy

Jeremy has been noticing lately that I seem to be losing it...mentally.  I think it stems mostly from the two small talking children that I'm around all day long.  If you're a parent, I think you know what I mean.  Let me recount a little bit of our morning in the car, running errands. My piano students were going be having their recital later in the day, so I was trying particularly hard to focus my thoughts.

*Ok, let me think. We should go to Staples first and then Hy-Vee. Oooh, I need to remember..*

Jack: Mom, is it today?
Me: Is what today?
Jack: Is IT today?
Me: I don't know what you're talking about. Is what today?
Jack: IS IT TODAY, MOM?!
Me: Yes. IT is today.

*Whew! Ok, so...Staples first. Then I need to figure out what we're having for lunch...*


Jack (we passed a pond): Mom, is that lake big enough to have sharks in it?
Me: No, sharks live in salt water.


*Wait, do they only live in salt water? Are there any fresh water sharks? I'm going to have to google that later*

Brooklyn: Salt water, Mama! Salt water! Salt water, Mama!
Jack: Is there salt water in creeks?
Me: No, creeks have fresh water. There's salt water in the ocean.
Jack: Is there an ocean in the creek?
Me: What? No.  I don't even know how to respond.

*I should have had that third cup of coffee this morning.*


Jack: Mom, let me tell you a joke. How do you make a sign out of junk?
Me: Umm...I don't know. How?
Jack, laughing: I don't know!!! Isn't that funny?
Me: No?
Jack: Is it funny when we say "I don't know"?
Me: Uhh...it depends on when you say it, I guess.
Jack: Why?

*Yeah, I really should have had that third cup.*


Jack: Mom, did you go the wrong way to get to Great Papa's?
Me: What?? When?
Jack: At Thanksgiving.
Me: Umm...no.
Jack: Oh.

*Good grief. Ok, so after Staples...*


Jack: Mom, do we drive a brownie car?
Me: Do we what? A brownie car?? No. No we do not.
Jack: Why not?
Me: Because we live in reality?
Jack: We live in what?
Me: Nevermind.


So there, Mr. Husband.  THAT is why I've been a little scatter-brained.   And by the way, freshwater sharks exist.


1 comment:

  1. I certainly wish *I* drove a brownie car. It would make road trips so much better!

    ReplyDelete