Friday, October 19, 2012

Intervention

They say that the first step to recovery from an addiction is to admit that there's a problem. So it's about time I come clean, I suppose. *sigh* For the last several weeks I, Amanda Jennings, have been drinking...

instant coffee.

I know, I know. It's shameful. My mother-in-law is a coffee connoisseur, and I've been trying to hide my problem from her. My husband makes fun of me, and yet I return. Like a moth to an instant and barely satisfying flame. I have an awesome Cuisinart coffee pot and grinder sitting on the counter, but the allure of 65 seconds in the microwave is just too much for me to overcome. Clearly I need help.

It started when Charlie was born. It's not your fault, dear one. Don't blame yourself. The grinder seemed so loud when there were children sleeping. And pre-ground coffee required a measuring spoon, which was obviously too much of a burden for me to take on in the wee hours of the morning. Then I discovered Folger's instant coffee packets. Quick and clean. I tried to ignore it. Just one more time, I would tell myself. But the convenience continued to draw me back. Why must I struggle with this??

I need your help, friends. I need your encouragement and support. But most of all?

I need caffeine.


No comments:

Post a Comment