Sunday, April 17, 2011

Update

I'm supposed to be working on about fifty important things right now, so naturally this seemed like the perfect time to update the ol' blog.

The big 3:
Jack celebrated his 3rd birthday last month (March 21).  Originally he asked for a rainbow for his birthday but later changed his mind to a dump truck.  The dump truck was easier to find in stores.  I also made him this simple cake:
It's hard to believe how fast he's growing up.  Being a mom has changed me in so many ways (mostly good, although there is still that belly button issue..), and I love it.  Having a 3 year old is FUN!  I love, love, love the things he says.  In case you don't follow me on twitter, here are a few recent quotes:
  
    "Oooh, this is a scary game," as we played soccer.

    "I don't want to learn! Instead I want to eat and watch a movie!"

    "These are chock full of vitamins, Dad," pointing to his stir-fry vegetables.

   "When I came out of you's tummy, I was seeing you play the piano."

    "I came out of you's tummy, then I got bigger & bigger & bigger..then I made PIZZA!"

    "My throat hurts.  Can you help me fix it?" handing me his toy drill.

    "When I was shaving my head, I cutted my....window?" looking very confused.



Brotherly/Sisterly Love:
It definitely warms my heart to see Jack and Brooklyn together.  Sometimes, I just sit back and look at them, marveling at birth, growth, life, and God's creativity.  They are best friends and can drive each other crazier than anyone else.  Definitely siblings.  Sometimes it's hard for Jack to be responsible around Brooklyn (keeping smaller toys away from her, watching out for her when he's running around, staying calm when she ruins his game, etc).  Sometimes, ok..often, it's hard for Brooklyn to give Jack space (when he's on the potty, or in the bath, or eating, or playing a game, or coloring, etc).  It's quite a journey, this parenting business!



Bun in the oven (the prison one...):
Things are still moving forward for Seth and Sonya to adopt a baby boy from the birthmother in prison.  He's due June 27, and I'm getting pretty stinkin excited.  I can't wait to see him and kiss him and tell him how cool is aunt is.  Hurry up June!


Kid-freeeeeeedom:
Brooklyn had her first overnight with Jeremy's parents (along with Jack), and we were kid-free for a whopping 30 hours.  It was weird.  And awesome.  After being "together" for 10 years, and married for almost 7, I still love hanging out with Jeremy.  He just... gets me.


Brooklyn's BFF:
Morgan reading a book to Brooklyn.  






 Alright.  That should do for tonight.  Until next time when I have something important that I'd like to put off.....peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment